February 17, 2014

My Style: Wine and Dine


Today's Look:  is all about date night.  When Trendy Blendy sent me these beautiful, slouched boots and this intricate black belt, I was thrilled.  Since the boots are named the "Wine and Dine Burgundy Booties," I was immediately inspired by the pieces to create a date night outfit.  I looked through my closet and found this striped burgundy and black dress that matched both items perfectly.  Since it's still winter and chilly in northern Arizona, I styled the dress with black, opaque tights and a black (minus the) leather jacket.  Finishing off the look, I wore a gold trimmed, burgundy wallet, gold stud earrings, two gold rings, and burgundy nails.  


Outfit Details:  Boots and Belt courtesy of Trendy Blendy , Bag and Earrings courtesy of Charlotte Russe ❤, Dress by City Triangles at JCPenney (Prescott, Arizona), Jacket from Express (Tucson, Arizona), Tights by HUE at Dillard's (Prescott, Arizona), Sparkly Ring from Charming Charlie (Scottsdale, Arizona), Gold Band Ring from Premiere Designs, Impress Nails at Walgreens (Prescott, Arizona). 


Fashion Tip:  When deciding what to wear for a date night, you first want to find out where and what you'll be doing, so you can dress appropriately.  For example, going out for ice cream is way different then going on a hike.  On a date, you want to feel pretty, comfortable, and confident, so wear something that you're used to how it feels and looks.  I chose this dress because my favorite color is burgundy and I love how it emphasizes my waist.  Also, heeled slouchy boots are sexy yet understated, so you'll gain a few inches in the leg (always great) while not looking like you're trying too hard.  


Be sure to check out Trendy Blendy's fabulous websites below:


Celebrities strutting romantic striped dresses:


Kris Jenner          Zoe Saldana            Milla Jonovich           Rachel Bilson           Taylor Swift



No comments:

Post a Comment